Without further ado, here's the recipe!
- 2 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 can of corn (don't drain!)
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1 package of dry ranch dressing
- 8 oz. of cream cheese (or greek yogurt if you're healthier than me)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin (I always go overboard and add a little more!)
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder (I also added a few frozen onions)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Mexican-blend cheese (optional)
- Put the frozen chicken breasts into the crock pot
- Top the chicken with the Rotel, beans, corn, ranch dressing, and all of your spices
- Stir together
- Top with cream cheese
- Set the crock pot on low and cook for 6-8 hours (I cooked mine for 7)
- Stir occasionally to mix the cream cheese in
- Shred the chicken once it's finished
- Garnish with sour cream, cheese, cilantro, and crumbled tortilla chips
One of the most painless meals I've ever had. And so good!
I will say that I always add a little extra to all of my spices and seasonings to give it a little more flavor. So if it calls for a teaspoon, I almost always add another 1/4 or 1/2 tsp!