Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentine's Day Makeup for Under $35


Here's the thing about being a girl in your early twenties in college: you really want to have nice things (ie: clothing, jewelry, makeup) but you also really like buying coffee and greasy fast food while you attempt to study and also seriously contemplate getting a sugardaddy so you can just drop out already. Take a look at my bank account activity and you will see this: Walmart- $30, Wendy's- $7, Whataburger- $12, QuikTrip, $5, McDonald's- $5, Starbucks- $5, etc. etc. 
And I promise you that $30 at Walmart did not go to anything but Ramen (enough to feed a small army), Taki's (3 bags, please), coffee, and coffee creamer. And maybe a pack of Orbit gum if I'm feeling extra wild at the self-checkout lane.
Bottom line? I want to be cute but I want my #1-no-mustard-sub-ketchup from Whataburger way more.

And that's where my frugality comes into play. Makeup is fun but it's ridiculously expensive and the lady at the counter is going to do it way better than you ever will so you're basically dropping $60 on a foundation that you're not even sure how to apply and I find that absurd. If I spend $10 on a foundation and it doesn't work out as well as expected, then darn, that was 2 (tall) Starbucks drinks I just threw out the window. But it's really not a big deal. But you just have to experiment a little with drugstore products and I promise you you'll wind up with a couple of things that you love for a fraction of department store counter prices. And you'll look just as hot.

I threw this look together this morning in preparation for Valentine's Day in under 20 min and spent less than $35 on the total cost of all of the products.
Here's what I used:

Revlon Photoready Primer- $10
Revlon Colorstay 24hr Foundation- $10
Elf Sheer Blemish Powder- $3
Elf "Natural" Lash Kit- $1
Elf Blush/Bronzer Duo - $3
Elf Marker Eyeliner in Black- $1
Elf Lipgloss in "Michael" - $2
NYX Highlight/Contour Stick- $1
NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder- $3

Ps- my dog is obsessed with lotions and makeup and she will attempt to lick off every drop of makeup I put on my face every morning. Look at those crazy eyes. She means business.






4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures and makeup. I love your sequin top and your furry baby is adorable. My dogs do the same for some reason they love sweet scents.

    Rocks
    www.rocksfashionbug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. {Great|fantastic|splendid|impressive|magnificent|excellent|remarkable} job. I did not {expect|imagine|anticipate} this. This is a {great|fantastic|splendid|impressive|excellent|remarkable} story. Thanks!� You made certain fine points there. I did a search on the subject matter and found the majority of folks will have the same opinion with your blog�. linked here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I simply would like to give a massive thumbs up for that wonderful information you could have here during this post. I am coming back to your blog to get more detailed soon. find out

    ReplyDelete
  4. i could only wish that solar panels cost only several hundred dollars, i would love to fill my roof with solar panels- you can look here

    ReplyDelete